Through the strength and expertise of our people, Dufferin Construction Company has sustained its business success providing innovative construction solutions to complex infrastructure projects across Canada for over 100 years.
Factors Reflecting Our Strengths
- Over 100 years of financial and business stability
- Large unionized and specialized trade workforce to help us execute self-performed work
- Large professional work force with the credentials and proven project experience required to execute successful projects
- Strong corporate structure with the knowledge-based expertise to deliver our services across Canada
- Fully owned and expertly managed equipment fleet that is completely customizable to service the needs of any project
- Extensive network of portable concrete & asphalt plants that can be moved and modified to address the specifications of any project
- Access to superior construction materials including cement, aggregate, ready-mix concrete and asphalt, ensuring our customers receive the highest quality end-product
- Fully certified portable and fixed quality control material testing laboratories to service the needs of any project
- In addition to Dufferin’s financial strength and capabilities, we have the financial sponsorship of our parent company CRH Canada Group Inc., a global company
- Access to proprietary & enhanced construction technologies: Dufferin Slip-Stone – a technology for impressing patterns vertical barrier walls, High-load Shoring System & Rapid Bridge Replacement Technology
- Integrated project management systems & technologies for managing & communicating the project life-cycle from inception to completion
We are pleased to announce that August 1, 2015 marks a major milestone for our company as we officially become part of CRH, a global building materials company. Our company has begun re-branding to CRH, aligning our identity to our new owner. This includes a change to our legal name from Holcim (Canada) Inc. to CRH Canada Group Inc. We are proud to be a part of the CRH family and will continue to offer quality products and services to the industry and contribute to CRH’s rich history of performance. Our business priorities remain the same: delivering outstanding customer service, providing quality products and services, ensuring the safety of our employees and maintaining our commitment to the communities in which we live and work.
We are a privately held company and an operating division of CRH Canada Group Inc. CRH Canada Group Inc. is operating through its business units of Dufferin Construction, Dufferin Aggregates and Dufferin Concrete in Ontario; and Demix Béton, Demix Agrégats and Demix Construction in Quebec. Trusted and respected industry wide, CRH Canada Group Inc. provides manufactured cement, aggregates, ready-mix concrete and construction services to many of Canada’s largest infrastructure projects.
The people who make up the team at Dufferin Construction Company embody our values of strength, performance and passion. Our employees have strong connections to these ideals, which has contributed significantly to the progressive growth, success and leadership of our company. They have helped us develop the solutions, systems and project methods required to bring innovation, quality and value to the projects we deliver for our clients.
We have built the highways you drive on, the sidewalks you walk on, the bridges you cross, the railway you ride on and the runways your planes have taken off from. Whatever your project is, we have the experience to do it through our various contracting modes including general contracting/bid-build, CM/GC, design-build, design-bid-build and public-private partnerships.
Our greatest competitive advantage is the expertise and passion of our people. We are motivated to achieve the elements needed to provide project success and build structures and roadways that will leave a lasting impression for our clients, our society and our communities.